Friday, April 22, 2011

A New Start

Well, I'm back to blogging, except this time it's not for a grade. My blog up until now has been for a Texas State and Local Government class I took in 2010, starting with this post it is on an entirely new topic. This time I am because I am expecting a big life change and that seems to occupy all of my thoughts and I'm finding it hard to do anything else, especially study for school.What is that change you ask? Well, let's just say this Christmas, I'm getting something that I will love forever.

Faint, but there
On Friday, April 15th, one day before my expected period, I took a pregnancy test. I had just finished watching Juno and had an extra test laying around, so I figured, "Why not?". I used a test I had purchased a little back from the Dollar Store. After reading the directions, and using the test, it was time to wait. After two minutes, I checked my test. Though extremely faint, a pink line appeared. I was pregnant. The thing I remember most about that moment was the giant smile that stretched across my face, and I just kept saying to myself, "I'm pregnant, I'm going to be a mom". It was early in the morning and my boyfriend wasn't going to get home until around 2:30 from work. I waited impatiently for him to come home while I thought of how I was going to tell him. Finally, he was home! We talked for a bit about how our mornings went and then I told him I knew what I was going to make him for his birthday and Christmas already, but it was going to be a lot of work, so it's going to be for both holidays. (His birthday is December 9th and I am due on Christmas Eve). He told me not to be silly and I told him it was too late because I was already making it and it's going to take a lot of work so I have to start now. Then I told him I'd give him a hint, I brought him upstairs and showed him the test. He examined it for a few minutes then asked for the package. After a few more minutes he said, "There is a line". I explained to him that the line was most likely so faint because I was very early along in my pregnancy and don't have very much HCG and that I already researched online and it is very rare to get any sort of line and not be pregnant. He then lightly tackled me with hugs and kisses, laid me on our bed, and he kept telling me how amazing I was and how happy he was. After that day, he got kind of quiet about it until Monday the 18th, when I went to Planned Parenthood to confirm it. Sure enough, the Dollar Store test was right, I am pregnant.

As of now, I am four weeks and six days a long and I'm not feeling too bad. I feel slightly nausea throughout the day, but I haven't vomited yet! Aside from the nausea, I have felt some changes in my breasts, the occasional headache, frequent urination, and some acute dizziness. Also, I keep waking up early, well early for me at least! Based off of what I've read and how I feel, I think the morning sickness will probably poke it's ugly head up in the next one or two weeks. Since the 15th, it's been hard to occupy my mind with anything that doesn't involve my baby. I am so excited, especially being a first time mom and all. So far, I have told my boyfriend (of course), a pregnant friend at work, and my younger sister. I intend on telling my mom this Monday and then the rest of my family after I have my first appointment. After I tell my mom, I might slip the news to some people at work, it's so hard to keep to myself! I live in a different state than all my family so I don't need to worry about them hearing from someone else before I tell them. I decide to start blogging throughout my pregnancy. My main reasons for that is I want to keep track of how I feel, how my baby is doing, and have somewhere to share my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment