Monday, February 13, 2012

Week seven


So, Syla is currently seven and a half weeks old and is doing great. She's growing so fast! This past week or so, her "social" smile has been showing a bit more and though she hasn't been able to laugh yet, she does try sometimes. She is very active and likes to "talk" a lot. We are definitely still working on the schedule thing! She enjoys standing on my leg and bouncing on them. She also likes when I put her in the Superman pose and hold her up. Also, she likes to roll off of our stomachs when we place her stomach to stomach on us. I'm excited for smile to start showing up more and I'm really excited to hear her laugh for the first time! She seems to be awake pretty often and usually demands attention when she is. Right now, she doesn't play with toys, she has just recently started to notice them. I catch her smiling at them sometimes. It should be only a matter of time until she starts to grab for them. The only thing he has been currently grabbing is hair! Mine and hers!

I started school last month and I plan to start working again in a couple months. School has been going okay, I took my first math test last week. If I didn't do anything stupid, I think I got everything right. Part of me is looking forward to going back to work, but the other part of me is not at all! I want to make money, and interact with people, but I don't want to be away from either of my babies, Syla and Omar. Since one of us needs to be with Syla, we can't work together anymore. Not that we really got to spend time together at work, it was nice to see each other. Also, I'm worried that I'm not going to have any time for anything. In reality, I just need to stay off Facebook more and watch shows on Netflix less often.

On the 1st of this month, I overslept and missed my six-week doctor's appointment, I had to reschedule for this Wednesday. I seem to be doing fine. The only thing I'm unhappy about is my body. Though I knew that the forty-five pounds I gained weren't just going to magically fall off, I just didn't think it would go so slowly. Right now, I have probably lost about twenty pounds. About ten of those have been since I left the hospital. Putting it that way, it doesn't actually sound that bad. I don't really even think I look that horrible, but most my clothes don't fit me, and the couple times I have gone shopping, everything seems super unflattering. I have started to work out a little, and I try to takes walks with Syla often. Mainly, I want to get rid of my love handles, tighten my stomach, and make my thighs and arms less flabby! I think once I do start working again, I'll lose more weight. In addition to working out, I really need to start eating better. I kind of let my responsible eating habits go when I got pregnant, and I really need to get back with that. Less fast food, less candy and junk foods, more fruits and vegetables, and more healthier food in general. I need to find more things I can cook that are good to eat and good for you. I really believe though, almost anything cooked at home is better than eating out of the house.

Omar asked me to marry him! Though I figured someday we'd get married, I didn't think I'd be as happy as I am that he proposed. I guess it's nice having that promise of his love on my finger. I love my ring, it's really pretty. It is a little too big on my finger. Right now though, I'm too excited about it to give it away temporarily. I know I need to get it re-sized soon because I'd rather be without it for a week then lose it for eternity. I feel bad saying this, but part of me is a little disappointed. I am trying to convince myself not to be. It's just that, the ring is kind of small, I guess. It doesn't have that main "rock" like most engagement rings has, instead, it has a cluster of seven smaller diamonds in the shape of a flower. I know I am only disappointed because for all my life, society and the media have created this false idea in my head, as well as almost everyone else. Jewelery store commercials and movies have made us think that a man is suppose to spend lots of money on
this huge, fancy ring. It's difficult to fight off the notion, but deep down, I know it to be false. Truly, I am happy with my ring, it really is beautiful, it's not too gaudy, he picked it himself, and I love seeing it on my finger. I'm proud to wear it for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment