While working Saturday night I started to experience some heavy bleeding. I know that spotting is common, but heavy bleeding can be a sign of serious problems. If it was a miscarriage, I know nothing could be done, so I finished up my shift. As soon as I sat down in the car, I started crying my eyes out. I love my little embryo, and I can't wait to see it become a baby before this year is over. The next morning, I called my hospital's weekend emergency line. The nurse told me it could be okay, but if the bleeding occurs again, it could mean a miscarriage. She asked how I was feeling and asked if I feel any different. When I told her my symptoms were the same, she said that was a good sign. She directed me to call my doctor the following morning. When I called my doctor, they scheduled me to come in the next day. I was nervous about going, I didn't expect to get bad news, but I was afraid of getting it. The doctor did an ultrasound and there I saw the tiny beating heart of my baby. I was so relieved, my baby was okay. It was nice being able to see my baby again. The baby is now almost 2 cm long, that's double since the last ultrasound two weeks before. The heartbeat has also increased a lot and the doctor says it's a great heart rate.Tomorrow, I will be nine weeks pregnant, which means in a few more weeks my chances for miscarrying will reduce significantly. I also may start to show. I have 218 days left until my due date. The weeks seem to be going by so quickly. My grandma has already started planning a baby shower for when I'm in Ohio this August. I don't like being the center of attention, so I don't know how I feel about a baby shower. My grandma plans to send invitations out next month, so I've started to make a registry online. Making the registry has made is obvious that I don't have that much of a clue what I need for my baby, and also that babies need a lot! As far as symptoms go, I really don't have too many. I still have some occasional nausea, but that's about it. I'm glad that I'm not puking my brains out like other at this time, but then it makes me worried that something is wrong. I know that every pregnancy is different, so I know that my worries are kind of silly.
No comments:
Post a Comment