Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reaching the halfway point

It's little, but it's there!



Saturday August 6th will mark the halfway point for my pregnancy. It's hard to believe that I have been pregnant for nearly five months now. This past week has probably been the best week of my pregnancy so far. I have been able to feel my baby, occasionally, moving inside of me. That alone is one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. Not to mention, I am finally starting to see a little hint of a baby bump and I got my "big" ultrasound this week. It was amazing to see my baby's tiny hands and feet moving around inside me. Also, I learned that this winter I will be welcoming a baby girl into my life! Somehow, I have only managed to make two baby clothes purchases since learning of this. I got two onesies, one is yellow and says "Yo amo a papá", which is Spanish for "I love daddy", and also a pink one that says "Princesa", which is "Princess" in English. My boyfriend and his family are from Mexico, making our daughter half Mexican. I plan to raise my daughter bilingual and also become fluent in Spanish myself, so I found the onesies to be absolutely adorable. I am trying not to indulge in clothes just yet, I'll wait until she's a little older and doesn't grow out of them every few months. Now that I know my baby's gender, I keep getting asked if I have a name picked out. I do not intend on making any permanent name decisions until after I see my daughter in person. I do plan on having a few picked out by then, so she doesn't end up with a last minute drastic name choice. Right now, I'm just keeping my ears open for that perfect name. This Saturday also marks the beginning of my vacation. First, I'm headed to Palm Coast, Florida to visit my mom, step-dad, my sister, and my pets! Then on Thursday the 11th, my sister is accompanying me to North East Ohio, where the rest of my family resides. My mom will also be meeting us in Ohio the next day to celebrate my baby shower on Monday the 15th with my family. I am excited about seeing everyone, and not to mention, swimming in the ocean! I am a little sad that Omar will be staying in Texas. It is only going to be for twelve days, but it's hard for me to be without him, and I know both me and the baby are going to miss him! I also have a feeling that I'm going to start popping out while I'm gone and my belly is going to look slightly larger when I get back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment