Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Uh-oh, I discovered pregnancy surveys...

About the mommy:
Name: Gabrielle
Age: 21
Is this the first child?: It is

About the daddy:
Name: Omar
Age: 31
Is this the first child?: Yes

Finding out:
What day did you find out you were pregnant?: Friday, April 15th, 2011

How did you feel when you found out?: Disbelief initially, then I couldn't stop smiling

Who was with you?: I was home alone

How did the daddy react?: I told him when he got home from work that I know what I'm making him for his birthday and Christmas (his birthday is December 9th and I'm due Christmas Eve). He told me not to be silly, it's not for a long time. I replied by saying that it's going to take a lot of work, so I need to start now. I then told him I'd give him a hint what it was going to be, I showed him the pregnancy test. We basically reacted the same. He also was in disbelief initially, but kept repeating, "there is a line". He then couldn't stop smiling and started hugging me.

Telling the grandparents:
How did you parents react?: My mom was shocked. I called her and told her to guess what and of course she replied "what?" I told her she was going to be a grandma and she asked how. After I explained to her I was pregnant, she really didn't know what to say. She did accept it sooner than my dad and my step-dad.

How did his parents react?: They were really happy, he is their only child without kids! His mom could already tell I was pregnant because how my eyes looked though.

How often do they call to check on you?: My mom calls me at least once a week on her way to work. My dad usually waits until I call, which I'm pretty bad about.

About the pregnancy:
When is your due date?: December 24th
How far along are you right now?: Three days short of 20 weeks
Have you had an ultrasound?: Three
Have you heard the heartbeat?: I have
Sex of the baby: Girl
What do you want. Boy or Girl?: We were both leaning a little more towards a girl. I felt it was going to be a girl the whole time.
Do you know what you are having now?: We just found out last week
Are you happy with what you are having?: Of course, regardless of the sex

About the birth:
Who is going to be with you?: Omar
Are you going to video tape it?: No.
Natural or medicated?: I'm going to try to do it naturally.

Do you think you will have a c-section?: I would prefer to avoid it

Do you think you will cry when you first hold your baby?: I think I will

Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold it?: I sort of have played it out in my head a few times and I always mention how perfect she is, lol

Are you scared about the labor?: Right now, not at all. I think when it gets closer and reality starts to set in, it will be a little more scary.


Names:
Do you have a name picked out?: Nope. I would prefer to have a few picked out, but not make the permanent decision until she arrives.

Is your baby going to be named after anyone?: Probably not

Did the daddy help pick the name?: We haven't talked much about it, but I think we will both take part in the choosing

Other random questions:
Where was your baby conceived?: Haha, at home...

Have you felt the baby move?: Yeah! I started to be able to about a week and a half ago

What was your first symptom?: Nothing but the plus sign on the pregnancy test

Will you have godparents?: I'm not sure, Omar is Catholic

Who will be the god mommy?:

Who will be the god daddy?:

What is the baby's room theme?: We don't have a theme, she's going to be sharing our room for awhile. I really don't want a theme though, I want her to have different stuff.

Are you ready to be a mommy?: I'm still waiting for that mommy thing to kick in, but I am super excited for when she arrives.

What do you think the baby will be a "daddys girl/boy" or a "mommys girl/boy"?: Daddy's girl for sure. He's going to spoil her rotten

No comments:

Post a Comment