Friday, November 18, 2011

Time is flying by...

34 weeks and 1 day
I've been losing track of how many weeks I am, I thought I was thirty-three, going on to thirty-four. Actually, I will be thirty-five weeks tomorrow. Time has been going by very quickly, thank God for my phone applications that keep track of my baby countdown! In two more weeks, I will be full term. In around five more weeks, I will be able to hold my baby. Yesterday, I got a lot baby clothes, baby accessories, and baby bedding washed. We hung an extra rod in the closet for the baby clothes. It feels nice to be able to get that stuff done. I'd been holding it off because it was too early and I didn't have anywhere to hang the clothes, but neither of those seem to be an issue any longer. So far, I have gained about forty pounds, which is a bit more than I intended to. I really don't feel like I look like I've gained that much, but when I can't get an old pair of house pants up past my thighs, I know I must have. Also, I went on a hospital tour and my belly seemed so large in comparison to the other women. Really though, I have no idea how far along any of them were. I think I'm more of a "last minute" person than most, so I think many of them were not quite as far along as me. I assume I'll lose most the weight rather quickly, especially if I'm able to breastfeed. The hospital tour was nice by the way, rather quick, but I did enjoy seeing where I'm suppose to go and where I will have my baby. It's funny how my pregnancy has altered my perception of my body. When I look at pictures of me before, I realize that I was not the fatty I thought I was. Sure I was a little chubby, but I always looked at myself as a lot larger than I was. I did use to be kind of big when I was a kid, so I guess that idea is still stuck in my head. Also, speaking of growing, I think my boobs have done a good amount of it, maybe that is where the weight is! I have been wearing a 36C throughout my pregnancy. I can tell it's a little small, so I decided to measure myself. I've done it several times and found that I am supposedly a 38E. I tried on some D bras, and the cups seemed to dig into my belly, I guess I have to wait to do some serious bra shopping until my baby is here. I have also read that your boobs will grow another cup size after your milk comes in. Luckily, I bought a couple nursing bras that go by small, medium, etc. instead of cup and band sizes. That way, I won't be completely braless after I have the baby. 

Both my mom and my sister will be visiting me from January 6th until the 10th. I'm both excited, kind of nervous, and a little annoyed. This will be the first time really having any guests at my place. I hope we aren't over cramped. Four adults and a baby will be crammed into my one bedroom town home. My place is kind of big for a one bedroom, and it has two floors, so that will help spread people out more. Unfortunately, to get to the bathroom, one has to pass through my room. I'm not working, so it won't be a big deal for me, I just worry about Omar. Luckily, he is a pretty heavy sleeper, so I'm hoping he'll be okay. Though they are coming in on the both days, they aren't taking the same flights, which is kind of annoying. My mom was being impatient and didn't want to wait on my indecisive sister. It's understandable, but it seems they forgot to think about me. I am the one with the few week old baby that has to come get them from the airport, which is about twenty-five/thirty minutes away. Luckily, they made it close enough where I don't have to make multiple trips to the airport, I just have to wait a little bit. My sister comes in about an hour before my mom, and she leaves about an hour before her as well. I might be able to leave the baby with Omar, if he's home from work, but I'm not sure if I should. I think they would like to meet the baby right away, but I don't know what I'm going to do with her for an hour while we wait for my mom. I guess I'll know better what to do when she's here, it's hard for me to imagine. Part of me just thinks she's going to be sleeping all the time, the other part of me thinks she's never going to sleep. Omar suggests just leaving late for the airport and making my sister wait, part of me wants to, but then I feel bad leaving her hanging out at an airport by herself. She might be nineteen, but she is still my baby sister, I'd feel kind of irresponsible to leave her there waiting. I hope their stay isn't too boring, but I don't think there will be too much we can do in January with a newborn. I'm hoping it will be a little warmer that week and then we can go to The Domain and do a little shopping and then I can take them to Maggiano's with my discount. I plan on taking them to Chili's on Friday after they get here. Half off and I'll probably be due for a visit, I think it will be my first after the baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment