Sunday, November 27, 2011

The last month

35 weeks 4 days
I have some turkey bacon in the oven, some potatoes working in the toaster oven, and I'm about to start scrambling some eggs! You know what that means? It's almost breakfast taco time! I think breakfast tacos are definitely one of my favorite things for breakfast. If only it didn't take so long for me to discover them, definitely something that Ohio is missing. Anyways, as of yesterday, I am now in my ninth month of pregnancy! I had an ultrasound this past Wednesday, my baby currently weighs 6 lbs, 4 oz, and is right on track for her due date. I have all my doctors appointments schedule until my due date and I don't have too much left to do in order to prepare for the baby. I need to finish packing my hospital bag, install the car seat, figure out some sort of diaper storage, and buy a few more baby essentials. Besides that, I have some more mental prep I need to do. I'm starting to get more and more nervous about having a baby. I just don't feel quite like a mom yet. Overall, I know it is something I can handle, I'm just a bit nervous. I'm also nervous about money.

December 9th will be my last scheduled day of work, I may pick up after then, but I am not sure. Lately, I seem to always have extra money and I've been a little careless with it. If I am careful, I should have enough money to get by until I get my financial aid check in January or February. I also will be receiving my tax return shortly after that. I still am unsure how much I will return to work. I know that I plan on taking three classes this upcoming fall semester, so I may try and work more this spring and summer. I just don't know how much time the baby will actually consume, and how much time I will actually want to be away from her. I also want to make sure Omar and I still have time together and as a family, and aren't just seeing each other in passing. Though Omar is my "baby daddy", I still don't feel comfortable to rely on him so greatly for the finances, I don't feel it's exactly fair. As time progresses, I do start to get more and more over it. My education is not just important for me, but for all of us in the long run. Eventually, I do plan on taking out loans, working a lot less, and attending more classes. The longer I prolong my education, the more money I miss out on in the end.

In addition to two weeks left of work, I also have two weeks left of school. These next two week will definitely be busy ones. I have a 2000 word research paper due this Friday, which I am yet to start, an exam this Wednesday, an oral presentation for Spanish due the 5th and then a Spanish final the 7th. After I finish all that up, the time until my baby arrives will be quite boring. I am relearning how to crochet, so I do plan on making some hats during that time and also I have one or two things I want to sew. I do hope she doesn't keep me waiting too long, I'd like her to be born a little before her due date, though I do know that really isn't up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment