Saturday, December 24, 2011

My baby is here!

So, currently I am sitting awake at the hospital, with my baby laying on my chest, waiting for her to wake up to feed. She seems to be so exhausted after her busy, busy birthday. Anyways, I would like to introduce you to Syla Jade, born December 23rd at 5:52 PM weighing in at 6lbs 12oz. We are both doing great! I went in Thursday night, at around ten o'clock. I got put on a hold due to the high volumes of laboring women. When I go there I had something inserted into my cervix to help ripen it. At around 5:30 that morning, I was giving pitocion to help start my labor by bringing on contractions. Around 12 o'clock the pain from the contractions was becoming unbearable, so I decided to get an epidural. I am glad I did. Around 4:30 PM, I was ten centimeters dilated and ready to push. I had to wait a bit on the nurse, so I didn't get started pushing to a bit afterwards. Anyways, after less than an hour of pushing, I got to see my precious baby and hear her soft cry. She is as perfect as I imagined and absolutely beautiful. She has a lot of very dark, and possibly curly, hair. I wish I would have brought one of my baby pictures with me, but I think she looks a lot like I did. Already, Omar and I have tag-teamed a diaper change. Who knew babies could poop so much!  If no problems arise, we should be going home on Christmas day. Luckily, Omar was able to get Friday off; however, he has to leave for work in less than an hour. I am hoping the are sympathetic to the new daddy and left him off early!

No comments:

Post a Comment