Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Tick, tick, tick
I went to the doctor's today. She told me I was 1 cm dilated. Though that really gives no extra insight to when my baby will arrive, it does let me know that things are progressing. I am starting to get a lot more nervous! Deep down, I know I have the potential to be a great mother, but it just scares me. I still feel like such a baby myself. We also talked about inductions. She said she will induce anytime after thirty-nine weeks. I let her know that I would prefer wait until after my due date to be induced. I believe next appointment we may discuss possible days. Anyways, tomorrow I will take my final exam for Spanish and after I do a small assignment, this semester will be over! Also, Friday is going to be my next, and final day of work. I finally found the perfect dessert for Omar's birthday...chocolate-chip cookie dough cake! He loves Dairy Queen's cookie dough blizzards, so why not try it on a cake for him? I bought him slippers on Monday and gave him to them that day too. It's cold out, so I figure why not let him get some use out of them, instead of letting them sit in my trunk! I also got him a blender ball, bottle thing, which is a water bottle with a steel ball inside of it, it's helpful for mixing up protein drinks and what not. That came is the mail today, so when he gets home, I will probably go ahead and give him that! On Wednesday the 14th, we're going to have a Christmas dinner at work. If I don't pop before them, I will be attending and bringing sweet potato casserole and maybe even a dessert! They are going to get a turkey, which I'm kind of excited about because I did miss out on one this year. Also, someone said they might have their wife make tamales, which I am also excited about! I love how the majority of my post that are not about my baby are about food, I'm such a piggy! Also, if I don't pop before the 19th, Omar and I will be going to the Golden Corral with his family for a McDonald's employee Christmas dinner (his mom and sister work at McDonald's). After I finish work on Friday, it's just going to be a waiting game. I feel like a ticking time bomb! I have a strong feeling she will arrive before her due date, but I think that is really just a whole lot of wishful thinking! Oh! I almost forgot to mention, I believe I have her going home outfit picked out! I want to show Omar first, but I like it! I have began packing my hospital bag. Most stuff I can't pack yet, but I made a nice long checklist to help make sure I can throw it together quickly and leave nothing behind. I plan on installing my car seat base sometime this week, maybe I'll do it tomorrow. I think besides that, the only other real prepping I have left to do is sterilize the bottles and what not. I also want to sew a few things and pick up some yarn to make a baby hat, but it's not completely necessary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment